Having a good posture doesn’t only mean that you are confident. It also shows that your body is fit and can function properly. With good posture, the possibility of physical injury or muscle pain during and after an intense activity is greatly reduced as it allows you to move precisely.
Here are more benefits of having a proper posture:
- Correct sitting or standing posture provides room for the expansion of the lungs, allowing you to breathe properly.
- Studies have shown that good posture increases the oxygen level in your body and therefore improves learning, memory, and concentration.
- It also makes you look taller and slimmer.
Improving your body posture isn’t that difficult to do. It only involves specific exercises such as the following:
- Standing against the wall for a few minutes enables the muscles in your chest and shoulders to open up.
- Doing the static back and static wall exercises involves a chair or a bed, and a wall so you can make a right angle that will allow the muscles in your shoulders, hips, and lower back relax and line up.
If you do these often, your muscles will eventually adapt to the stretch and alignment, improving your posture.